BC Sports Hall of Fame Highlights
- Trace the monumental journeys of Rick Hansen and Terry Fox, in Canada’s only permanent galleries devoted to these two National Heroes. You will see many things in these galleries including the wheelchair Rick Hansen used to travel the world and the outfit Terry Fox wore while running across the country.
- Experience sport firsthand in our Participation Gallery, where you can test your own athletic abilities with a climbing wall, multi-sport simulator, radar enhanced 14 meter running track, bubble hockey, cool curling, foosball table and more.
- Relive the Vancouver Canucks’ skate to the Stanley Cup finals, the B.C. Lions’ 1994 Grey Cup victory, and the 1994 Victoria Commonwealth Games on the 1990 Gallery’s 42 inch plasma screen.
- Celebrate the life and career of Honoured Member Greg Moore in the Hall of Fame’s newest gallery. Test yourself in the race car simulator and see special items spanning Greg entire career including one of his Indy cars.
- Explore recent additions including the 2010 Display, the Aboriginal Sport Gallery, In Her Footsteps . . . Celebrating BC Women in Sport and test your own athletic ability with our new sport simulator and activity stations.
- See inside Vancouver’s unique 60,000 seat BC Place Stadium home of the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Karen Magnussen’s ice skates, dresses and medals
- Nancy Greene’s ski equipment from 1968 Olympics
- Hockey stick and puck used to score the Vancouver Canucks’ first NHL goal
- Richard Brodeur’s goalie equipment from the 1982 Stanley Cup playoffs
- George Hungerford’s rowing shell used in the 1964 Olympic Games
- Kathleen Heddle’s Olympic Gold medals from the 1992 and 1996 Olympic Games
BC Sports Hall of Fame Statistics
- 310 individuals and 54 teams inducted since 1966
- 20,000 square feet of exhibit space exist at the BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
- 1st Olympic medal won by a British Columbian is on display
- Over $400 million has been raised from the Terry Fox Runs held throughout the world
- 2 years, 2 months and 2 days was the duration of Rick Hansen’s World Tour
- Each year, over 100 children celebrate their birthday at the BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
Contact: BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
P: (604) 687-5520